Here is A SHARED TEA RITUAL, which you can "practice" with a friend:
Tea Poem Ritual:
• Invite a creative friend to tea. Tell him or her that you are going to create a tea poem together.
• Provide a special piece of paper, maybe Japanese rice paper or a watercolor paper.
• Put the paper and one colored pen on the table in your designated "tearoom". (This can be in your kitchen or dining room, or on the floor of a sunroom or even in an office.
• Bring your favorite tea to the table and make whatever kind of tea you would like to have. Pour (or whisk, if Japanese matcha tea) a cup or bowl of tea for yourself and for your friend.
• Enjoy a first sip of tea together. Invite your guest to write the title of the poem on the paper provided. This means your guest begins the poem.
• Have your guest then hand the paper to you. You will take a sip of tea and then write the first line of the poem. Return the paper to your friend.
• Continue to take turns writing a line of the poem, one after the other, until you have decided that your poem or your tea is finished. Give the poem to your guest as a gift, along with a small bag of the tea that you shared with him or her.